Friday, October 8, 2010

Miller Farms Fall Harvest Festival

I recently went to Miller Farms located in Platteville, Co and had a fantastic time. I've never done anything like this before. You go on a hayride to harvest  your own vegetables. The produce varies depending on what they are currently harvesting. When I went I was able to get potatoes, carrots, onions, beets, sweet corn, Indian corn, and corn for making popcorn. Because I went with a group I only had to pay $10 to get in and that includes the six bags of produce and a pumpkin. It is normally $15 per person. Three and under is free and they are allowed to pick a pumpkin. This is an incredible deal—you get the experience and the food. The Fall Harvest goes until November 15th.

 They also have a petting zoo, a big jumping pad, playground, pyramid made from hay, train, firetruck, etc. Sadly, I didn't give myself enough time to enjoy the fun kids area, but will next year (and will bring my older kids). That would be a lot of food, but I have learned a lot about preserving food over the last week and think it would be great to teach my children. It is much easier to preserve the food then I thought and it feels good to have the extra food in the freezer. To read more about preserving the food go to balance-today.com

Go to Millerfarms.net to check on current prices and for directions

No comments:

Post a Comment